#880 Albert Hammond Jnr’s maroon suit

Image /Katherine is Awesome

This one’s been going around the blogosphere for a few days now, ever since men.style.com did a preview. Albert Hammond Jnr, member of The Strokes, boyfriend of Agyness Deyn and current rehabee, has just brought out a range of suits with LA store Confederacy. He describes them as,

“A good mix of old man, hunter, and seventies rock ‘n’ roll. I want to make suits that I’m going to have for myself. They’re for the person who needs his one suit for a wedding. He’d rather get something like this than go to Men’s Wearhouse, pay the same amount, and look like an out-of-date parent.”

But I’m not interested in any of that. I just like it how he made a maroon suit. And, just while we’re here, I wanted to go on the record and say that his solo music career absolutely kills anything The Strokes ever did.

Comments

You’re showing how sweet fucking little you know about music if you think his solo work is better than anything the Strokes ever did. You probably think the Monkees are better than the Beatles as well you fucking idiot.

“his solo music career absolutely kills anything The Strokes ever did.” I would just like to go on record and say that you are musically retarded.

K – I’ve been known to do a tie tuck every now and again.

Anons – I like The Beatles better. And I’ll say quite happily that Paul McCartney was a far superior song writer to John Lennon.

Why don’t you talk about what you know about, like a debate over who’s more artistically relevant out of demi lovato and miley cyrus.

hahaha oh Isaac. His solo stuff is nothing on the Strokes.

But you’d probably think the Kooks are better than the Strokes right?

6. charlotte says

nice suit! oh albyyy, love him. his solo stuff would be the best out of all the strokes solo efforts (now julian’s gone solo too) but no wayyy is it better than the strokes fullstop.

please say you mean KOL 1st and 2nd album, not the other two pieces of sheeeeet. Even then, not quite at strokes level, but credible comparison.

8. Gina says

The Strokes were one trick ponies. This is It. Everyone should listen to Albert’s solo stuff. It’s musically a lot more interesting…
    Isaac love your work.

9. Leonie says

If he’s got a maroon suit on, he’s a man of taste, eh? BTW, I like when people can have an intelligent debate on a topic. You’ve got class, Isaac.

Isaac, for a man that wears variations of a theme day in day out, you are barely qualified to comment on fashion but for a man that listens to the Kooks, you are most definitely not eligible to offer comment on music.

REPTILIA anyone?! that came in the second album and kicks-arse, hardly one trick. i just miss them as a group :( oh yeah, the suits …. dodo.

Isaac! How can you disgrace the genius that was and is Juicebox?! That riff could eat The Kooks alive.

Totally agree with the comments on KOL though, 1 & 2 albums were brilliant.