1. Yoga. I’ve recently started going to Ashtanga twice a week and nothing makes me happier than saying ‘Namastehhhhhh!’ as loudly as possible when everybody’s waking up from meditation.
2. Burger King Whoppers with barbecue sauce. Eat a piece of fruit straight after and it literally counteracts the burger’s fat content.
3. The minty trinity – Burt’s Bees lip balm, Airwaves gum (in the blue packet) and Smoker’s toothpaste. I don’t even smoke but that toothpaste is so strong it literally burns your mouth. In that good way.
4. Having something to look forward to. Nothing beats being happy in the moment, but when all else fails, plan a trip.
5. Polar fleece – I bought a red and green tartan polar fleece zip up cardigan (with a turtle neck!!) from Uniqlo in January. You won’t often hear me espousing the benefits of comfortableness over coolness, but this thing just feels so damn good to wear. I chuck it under a blazer and pretend it’s a sweater.
6. The saying, ‘FML’. So dramatic, so concise, so apt. Who actually swears these days?
7. Tweed blazers and grey flannel pants.
8. My Dad and all his helpful (but often hard to digest) quotes: ‘That which is written without effort is read without pleasure.’ and ‘When somebody shows you who they are, believe them.’ If I had a dollar for every time my parents were right and I was wrong, I’d be hundreds richer than I am now.
9. Alexi from IMBOYCRAZY. She inspired me to write this post and brought up the very good point that the Americanism ‘I could care less’ literally means I COULD care less. Kills me every time.
10. These five words: “Everything’s going to be alright.”
I LIKE YOU!