Photo: The Sartorialist
1. Scott Schuman dared to call this woman, “a bigger, curvier girl than most of the other bloggers who you see in the press and [who] tend to represent the genre,” on Monday and the internet literally erupted in protest. “I’m a little horrified by the fact that you are referring to her as if she is plus size,” said one disgruntled commenter. “[Y]ikes. [T]he thought would have never crossed my mind that she is ‘bigger’,” wrote another. Is the world going PC crazy? Or do people just read selectively? The man was simply noting that this young lady is a different shape to the bloggers typically depicted in the media, and that she wears her clothes well. Give him a break.
2. Steve-O’s quote from the new issue of Remix really resonated with me this week. Talking about his road to recovery from alcohol and drug addiction, he said, “Having priorities that aren’t me is probably the most important thing.” Although I have neither alcohol nor drug addictions, amen to that. On that note, a wise man once said, “Alcohol produceth the absurd.” Amen to that too.
3. The definition of insanity is making the same mistake twice and expecting a different outcome.
4. My good friend Michael schooled me on menswear, and what women want, last Friday at the Fashion Festival/Remix Magazine after party. It was 2:00am. “It’s time to start dressing sexy, man. Girls don’t want a quirky guy. Girls don’t want a guy who looks like a professor. They want sexy. Dark colours. No bow ties. Come on man.”
5. Quote of the 1980s, attributed to one of the Saatchi brothers, “We’re not very good, but we are f***ing expensive.”
6. I’m shooting The Erin Simpson Show today, my first foray into children’s television. And I’m terrified.
8. This is the tale of how Jay Z took a supposedly average champagne, made it hot like Cristal, and allegedly banked millions in the process. And it is brilliant. “All of this makes for a great story: a family-owned champagne brand dreamed up by a little old French lady in the 1950s, dormant until resurrected half a century later, promptly discovered by the world’s most famous rapper, by sheer coincidence.”
9. Just be nice.
I LIKE YOU!