1. Tonight I’m going to the launch party for Sara Ziff and Jenna Sauers’ new initiative The Model Alliance – the first ever organisation that aims to secure workplace rights for American models. I know what you’re thinking – they’re so beautiful and lucky and they make so much more money than me. Here’s the thing: If a model gets injured on a job, they’re not covered by insurance. If a model gets sexually harassed on a job, they’re often told to grin and bear it. If a model gets charged ridiculous, unexplained expenses by their agency, there’s no human resources department to help them come to an amicable solution. The Model Alliance aims to expose and solve all those problems and more, one step at a time. Read the testimonials, they’re great. I’m backing them 110%, and you should too.
2. I watched my first ever American Football game yesterday, and it just happened to be the Super Bowl. Let’s go Giants! After two hours, I believe I’ve gotten the sport all figured out: It’s just like rugby, except they’re not very good at catching the ball. Zing!
3. Fashion Week starts in two days and I still don’t have internet at my apartment! Freaking out!!!
4. My new Hasidic Jewish landlord owns a company called Mazel Holdings. Does that make anybody else laugh? Just me?
5. Now that I have my very own apartment, it’s time to start the decorating, except Tom and I have a little difference in opinion on what looks good. He likes those big black leather couches that you always find in bachelor pads, plus 60 inch TVs, Playstations and nothing on the walls; I prefer the Katie Lockhart approach. And he won’t budge. So pretty much what I’m trying to say is that I have better taste, but he has a stronger personality. My bedroom will become a haven of cool, just you wait.
6. Can someone please explain to me what was so wrong with Lana Del Rey’s performance on SNL? Was it just because she kept doing that funny Broadway-esque deep voice thing? Regardless, I think she’s awesome. And I predict that she’ll be all over New York Fashion Week this week. Just you wait.
7. My mother has been telling me this for the past 27 years and it’s irritatingly true: The amount of energy you spend getting all bent out of shape over how much you don’t want to have to do something is far greater than the amount of energy you spend just getting it done.
8. I repeat: You know what I like better than blogging about fashion? Answering your relationship questions on Tumblr. Step into my office; my door is always open.
9. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times: People who tell you that smoking weed or taking other drugs helps their creative process are idiots and you should de-friend them on Facebook and in life.
10. The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistake and expecting a different outcome. The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistake and expecting a different outcome. The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistake and expecting a different outcome. The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistake and expecting a different outcome.
I LIKE YOU!