Lindsey Wixson at Marc by Marc Jacobs. Photo: Greg Lewis
1. 90s grunge was what sky-rocketed Marc Jacobs to fame, and this season he took his Marc by Marc collection right back there. If you’ve seen the 1999 classic She’s All That, you’ll recognise the geeky girl in thrifted clothes just waiting to let her tightly-wound ponytail down and release the hidden beauty beneath.
2. I keep talking music, and it’s because it can make or break a show. Marc Jacobs’ was good, but more importantly it was soul-shatteringly loud. You want to get swept away in a fashion show, not notice every clack of a model’s heels. Atmosphere was killer at the Lexington Armory, and you couldn’t take your eyes off the catwalk.
3. Sexy librarians are always a good time, and Marc by Marc’s were naughty minxes in pleated skirts, blouses and Susie Bubble specs. Hello, Lindsey Wixson.
4. Speaking of Lindsey Wixson, she wore my favourite piece in the show – a grey and red pleated skirt. Having seen this show, if I was a girl, I’d be wearing nothing but big pleated skirts and tailored blazers.
5. Big ticket shows draw big ticket guests, and today’s show was no exception: Anna Della Russo, Giovanna Battaglia, Emmanuelle Alt all sat within a stone’s throw.