Photo: Jak and Jil
1. If there’s one thing that absolutely kills me, it’s when people spell my name wrong. Nobody in the history of the world has ever been called Issac. The name is spelt Isaac with very few exceptions. And that’s how I spelt it on my American visa application, but for some reason, the person who approved me decided to type it into the system as Issac, and that’s how it’s remained. So when I went to get a social security card, they too had to use Issac. I tried to reason with the lady. “Look, it says it right here on my passport. Somebody made a mistake.” She shook her head. “I’m sorry, we only trust our own documentation, we can’t trust another country’s passport.” I tried again. “But the visa is inside my passport.” She shook her head. “I’m sorry, we only trust our own documentation, we can’t trust another country’s passport.” One last time. “But look at all these other photo IDs with the same spelling as my passport.” She shook her head. “I’m sorry, we only trust our own documentation, we can’t trust another country’s.” God bless America.
2. Your and you’re are two different words. Learn that.
3. Did you know that Gemini is the most fun star sign of them all? True story. Coincidentally, I am a Gemini.
4. At the risk of sounding moronic and politically incorrect, I haven’t watched the KONY video and I don’t plan on it. Here’s why: I can’t imagine that it’s going to change my behaviour in any way, shape or form, so what’s the point? I was discussing it with a friend yesterday, and she said, ‘I think we all just watch it hoping that someone else is going to do something about it.’ Truer words have never been spoken. On second thought, maybe I will watch it, but my sentiment remains the same.
5. Katherine gave Taylor Swift a THUGGED OUT SINCE CUB SCOUTS tee! Taylor, if you’re reading this, call me.
6. I got sick twice in two weeks recently and I was complaining to my Mum about it and she goes to me, “You don’t have Hepatitis, do you?” Does anybody else find that a little odd?
7. There’s this line in the Bright Eyes song Lua that I’ve always loved: ‘But me I’m not a gamble, you can count on me to split.’ I take it to mean: Don’t back a losing horse. It’s good advice. If you can see something failing eventually (particularly a relationship), walk away early.
8. It’s not how good you are, it’s how good you are at marketing yourself. So if you’re good and a shameless self-promoter, you’ll win at life.
9. Holy crap this song is the best.
10. I’m currently getting all my fashion fulfillment from designing Little Brother and writing freelance menswear pieces, and it’s making me want to write about fashion less and less on the blog. But I’m quite enjoying telling stories like this and this, so if it’s okay with you guys, I think I’ll continue.
I LIKE YOU!