#2240 What to do what to do

Hey gidday mates. I’m currently going through the process of taking a step back from the blog and figuring out the best way of doing things moving forward. The way I see it is this: Blogspot was the top blogging platform when I kicked things off back in 2008, but the times they are a-changing – attention spans are shorter, the need for amazing, large-scale imagery is far higher, and most people want something they can click on multiple times a day to receive a quick flash of inspiration or a speedy LOL to give themselves a break from the monotony of their work. The time has come for me to make a decision, and right now I’m leaning towards moving everything over to my Tumblr. Thank you to all my loyal readers who’ve stuck with me for so long, I’ll get things going again shortly.

p.s. If you haven’t already, FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM! (isaaclikes_)

Comments

1. Maggie says

Thanks for updating us. Was wondering what was happening. All the best with the new direction. Already a happy follower of your tumblr.

2. Cherie says

Really?! Actually, I think this makes sense, to have everything in the one place. We still want the storytelling though, you are very, very good at that. People don’t like change but I think we’ll get used to it pretty quickly.

3. Anon says

Isaac, I can see why you would be leaning towards this, but here’s how I see it.
    You write a million times better than the thousands of people who post short snippets of contentless crap on shorter-profile mediums. Your photos and lifestyle certainly hold some appeal, but it is your writing that makes you different and better than the others. It is also that which has meant that solid jobs and qudos has come your way – and all credit to you, I reckon it is totally well reserved.
    Don’t water it down completely. Stick with writing real paragraphs about real things, (your agony aunt was only just readable to anyone over 21!!)
    I rate you words very highly. Please don’t ditch it!

4. kay says

Issac some of us enjoy your blog because we enjoy a good read now and again. I hope if you move you won’t forget this. Pic’s and quips aren’t everything.

5. GBannis says

There are only so many social media a person can do … just don’t switch to something that requires this person to register. Otherwise, I look forward to more of your good-natured posts.

6. jimmy says

time to step up to the big leagues and have your own website that combines everything in one place!

one single feed that combines everything so we’re keep entertained with your instagram shenanigans and every now and then a nice long post when inspiration strikes you.

Hi Issac.
    Long time reader, first time commenter.
    Just wanted to say you are one of the few fashionista bloggers I follow because unlike many of them, you are a freaking good writer. The internet is saturated with bloggers wanting to share their life with anyone who’ll listen, and frankly, this is uninspiring, self indulgent and creates a FOMO mentality amongst the masses. You, however, write about INTERESTING stuff, with a perfect blend of personal stories vs fashion trends/events/scoops etc, and your balanced views coupled with your genuine knowledge of the industry makes for some blimmin good reading.
    Yes, we all love us some pretty pictures to gawk at, and sometimes we want our reading material to be short, sharp, and now, but over the many years I’ve been following you, you are one of the few blogs I’ll actually stop and read because I know everytime it will be tots worth it.
    Just my 2 cents.